It is to be emphasized that the fabrication of laminated honeycomb panels is done simultaneously to the lamination to thin stone slabs in the stratification and reinforcement process. Generally in the construction and furnishing industry, and particularly in marine applications like on luxury yachting, the target is to lighten and to strengthen, or to give some other valuable mechanical or physical characteristics to decorative stones, used as floor and wall coverings.
The solutions currently proposed on the market have limited resistance and limited durability, so that FABYCOMB® aims to overcome such limits proposing a reinforced stratified panel in which all components (stone, fiberglass fabric, honeycomb aluminum core and structural resin) are laminated each other in a single industrial process (stone + honeycomb in one shot! ).
FABYCOMB® patented paneling technology, guaranteed by a strict quality control, making FABYCOMB® the only light weight marble with excellent performance physical and mechanical, solving all the problems that characterize the application on external façade claddings.
The main features of this product can be summarized as follows:
- High resistance to tensile, compressive and flexural, making the FABYCOMB® panel unsurpassable in its mechanical performance
- The FABYCOMB® paneling system can be utilized also on timber frame structural systems to provide a fast and economic building solution
- The technical specification of the FABYCOMB® panel allows to use it directly onto steel frame structures without the need of external insulation systems, thus providing an extremely competitive solution for this type of elements
- Suitable to be used as a rain screen system on both existing and new structural elements
- Increased resistance to shear and flexural stresses
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Light weight (from 16 to 18 kg / sqm, depending on the thicknesses and types of stones)
- Any shape and size achievable up to 3300 x 2000 mm
- Resistance to atmospheric agents
- Stable to temperature range -40°C to +90°C
Aluminium honeycomb is a lightweight, environmental friendly (recyclable) material with good mechanical properties:
Aluminium honeycomb sheets can be used in in tool machines, in serigraphy, as core for lightweight panels, in airflow ventilation, working surfaces for automatic machines etc.. Aluminium honeycomb can be used as deflector for laminar flow ventilation, and as crash absorber for kinetic energy.
Honeycomb thickness (from 3 to 300 mm), cell size (from 3 to 19 mm) and aluminium foil density (depends on foil’s thickness and on cell size). In particular, as core material for sandwich panels, aluminium honeycomb is used in different sectors such as: public transport vehicles, shipbuilding, building industry for floors, roofs, doors, partitions, facades, and for all products which require an optimal stiffness-to-weight-ratio.
Aluminium honeycomb is sold perforated or non perforated (the micro perforations allow air flow among cells when needed i.e. vacuum or decompression tools): as unexpanded block, as unexpanded slices, as expanded sheets and expanded drilled honeycomb.
Made in Italy
The covering "skins" are made by a double fabric of bidirectional fiber glass, total weight in a range of 300-1000 gr/m2.
Made in Italy
STRUCTURAL EPOXY RESIN
The structural epoxy resin is not a standard glue but exclusively formulated to FABYCOMB® technology with specifics and excellent properties able to merge all the components into a single element.
Made in Italy